It’s Mother’s Day tomorrow and what better way to celebrate than to make her some nice brunch or dinner. For this special day we picked out thechunkychef’s One Pot Chicken and Dirty Rice recipe.
This dish not only looks delish it really tastes like heaven! The flavors are impeccable, and if you don’t know it yet, rice and chicken actually goes very well together. No doubt your mom will truly enjoy it. Lucky enough for you, it’s easy to make.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Tbsp enough olive oil to make a paste about 1
Rest of dish
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 link of andouille sausagesliced into 1/4″ slices
- 4 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 medium yellow oniondiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup DRY long-grain rice
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add chicken thighs and turn to coat. Set aside.
Nestle chicken thighs and sausage on top of the rice (pour in the juices that are left on the plate as well). Return to a simmer, then cover.